Wednesday 31 March 2010

Seriously, what is the point?

The 'Secret Track' at the end of a CD is a mystery to me. I don't see the point. I don't understand why so many artists felt the need to include them. Like most fads it seems to have died a death and that can only be a good thing in my book.

I have to be honest here, I don't think I've ever truly listened to a 'Secret Track' and maybe I've missed out on some real gems. But then again, if a song or piece of music is worthy enough to be on an album, let it be on the album, along with all the other tracks deemed good enough. Don't hide it away at the end following a 10 minute silence. A ten minute silence without music is just not going to happen in my world. There are far too many great songs to fill the gap!

After a mere minutes silence I presume my CD changer has failed to do its job and change the CD anyway. If this means I've missed some truly great musical moments then I await enlightenment. Please feel free....

Am I the only music nut who feels this way or am I in a solitary club of 'Secret Track' Haters? Answers in the comment box please!

1 comment:

  1. when you listen to an album and you're doing something else at the same time, you sometimes don't register the album's finished, until the secret track scares the bejesus out of you about 10 minutes later. I agree....why do them?!

    ReplyDelete