Sunday 14 March 2010

I remember that the first time around...

I've hosted and been to many fancy dress parties over the years. No idea has ever been too random or too much of a challenge. I have a Dressing Up Bag under my bed bursting with weird and wonderful bits of costume. If you need a plastic viking hat, silver platform boots or a Cruella De Vil outfit, I am your girl! And that's just the tip of the iceberg...

Next weekend sees me heading to Butlins in Bognor Regis for a Hen Weekend. There are 40 of us, mostly girls with a smattering of boys descending upon Bognor awash with outfits. The theme is School Disco Friday and 80's Disco Saturday. Cue a flurry of activity last Saturday that saw me trailing around Primani to put the ultimate Neon outfit together.

In my vast wardrobe, I already have a black ra-ra mini-skirt and a stripey top with quite large shoulders. I just needed the other bits and bobs to complete the look. Once you realise that the idea is to look as revoltingly hideous as possible, shopping suddenly becomes much easier and so much more fun! And luckily for me, the shops are full of the stuff that I used to wear back in the 80's (the first time around!).

My Primani basket is quickly filled with some Neon pink tights, purple legwarmers, a handful of neon bobbles, a truly awful neon pink stretchy belt, some chunky neon beads and bangles and some hoop earrings that look as if they will turn my ears neon green (well at least it will be in keeping!).

I'm just about to head for the check-out when my eye is caught and held by the most staggeringly awful accessory. Oh yes, you will be mine I think as I add it to the basket.

So what is this wondrous thing? I hear you cry. Brace yourselves...I have found the ultimate Neon, 80's, tacky and perfect item. A hot pink sequined visor!!!! My hair is just begging to be back combed within an inch of its life before being gathered into a ponytail that will emerge triumphant from the top of it - perfect!!!!

If I don't pull, it's a crying shame!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment