Sunday 2 May 2010

The Big Sell

I am in the process of filling in job application form after job application form. And yet again, my blog is proving to be a work avoidance strategy!

I hate the whole process. Filling in form after tedious form (although at least applying on line has made it slightly easier) is just no fun. Like everyone in teaching I have my own Professional Development Folder. This is the place where I am supposed to file all the useful information that will help to make job applications easier. I should put all my course confirmations in here, paperwork from courses, certificates etc. Unfortunately, like most busy people, I have not always remembered to do so. Which is a bit of a bummer when I am trying to recall useful and relevant courses to put in my applications. If I had to write my own report it would definitely say 'must try harder!'

And then you have to do the 'big sell' in the supporting letter. You know the type of thing: say how brilliant you are and how they'd be mad not to employ you and all without sounding smug, arrogant or desperate!

That's exactly what I should be doing at the moment. So I'm going to practice here. Please give me a job, I'm great! How can they possibly refuse?!

No comments:

Post a Comment