Tuesday 13 April 2010

Friends for Life

There are many aspects about living in London that I cannot wait to leave behind - crime, dirt, pollution, crowds, traffic. Life can be really quite hard down here. There's no such thing as popping to the shops, it's a military operation that has to be timed precisely to avoid the traffic headaches of the day.

But the one thing I will most definitely miss are my fabulous friends. Some of them have shared my London adventure from the beginning. Many of them were there to support me through the trauma of losing my mum at the age of 26. That's still something I don't think I've fully come to terms with and probably never will, but these warm and kind people helped me as much as humanly possilbe. Some of them started as colleagues and turned into friends. Some of them have become part of my life since returning from travelling.

Like most people, my friends are an eclectic mix. Some are musical, some are artistic, some are creative, some are high flyers, some are following dreams and living a more nomadic life and some are now parents. The dynamics of my friendship groups have changed over the years. Life and responsiblities means that our all night parties may not be so regular anymore but when they do happen we make it good!

However, the one thing they all have in common is their wonderful love of life, and their amazing friendship which I have been lucky enough to be part of. If any of you are reading - thanks, you are fab and I'll see you all up here for the house warming! Theme to follow!!! :-) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment