Wednesday 2 June 2010

Stop the World, I Want to Get Off!

Tonight is my first quiet, and early night in for a long time. I am shattered!

My life is pretty high octane at the best of times. I certainly can't be accused of just letting life pass me by. However, sometimes it does occur to me that it would be nice to hop off the world for a day or two, recover and then hop back on. And that is how I feel at the moment. So tonight is my night for chilling, blogging, reading and generally just vegging out. I can hear the PJ's calling me already!

I'm lucky really. I'm just as happy in my own company as in a group situation. In fact if I'm totally honest, sometimes I crave being by myself surrounded by books and music. Sometimes I don't want to speak to anyone and I have been known to ignore the phone at times like this. Sometimes I just want to have nothing to do with the outside world!

Fortunately, these feelings don't last for long. A good night's sleep generally cures me.

Hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be fired up and ready to go. I'd better be - I'm off to see Powderfinger in Manchester!

No comments:

Post a Comment