Thursday 10 June 2010

The Long and Winding Road

I have a feeling I have committed career suicide!

I love my job! I love the school I work in! They are just in the wrong part of the country.

I handed my notice in for what is arguably the best school I've worked in to date. As of July 31st (unless I find a job in the meantime) I will be unemployed!

Why? Why? Why? I hear you cry! Because it's the right thing to do.

Throughout my life I have been guilty of putting other people first. Guilty of considering everyone else's feelings to the detriment of my own. Guilty of doing the right thing even when it wasn't the right thing for me. So now it's my time. I want to move home and if that means having no job for a while so be it.

Everything else about the upcoming move is positive and exciting. It's just as well I've never been too much of a career woman. Sure, I love my independence. Sure, I love the job. Sure, I love the regular income. But at heart, I'm just too much of a hippy to let money and material goods rule my life.

I'm lucky, I won't be homeless whatever happens. And as long as you have a roof over your head and the love of family and friends you can't really ask for more. Put like that, the career suicide doesn't seem quite so drastic....but if you do hear of a teaching job in or near Southport let me know! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment